I can help you because I’ve worked within the system for decades. I know how these boards think and I know what they are looking for in an application. I also know how to effectively fight then when they are being petty or irrational. Please let me know if you need help with any of the following.
- Administrative rezoning applications
- Zoning Board applications
- Zoning appeals
- Preparing clear and explanatory land use graphics appropriate to your situation
Presenting to Local Decision Makers
- City or County Staff
- Development Committees
- Zoning Board
- Governing Body
- Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA)
Appealing Unfavorable Decisions
- Appealing the Zoning Board’s decision
- Appealing the Board of Zoning Adjustment’s decision
- Appealing the Governing Body’s decision
Making Your Legal Case
- Challenging the Constitutionality of a law, regulation, or decision
- Challenging the administrative process they are asking you to navigate
- Challenging the staff’s interpretation of a word, regulation, or law.
- Appealing the Board of Zoning Adjustment’s decision to court
- Challenging the Governing Body’s decision
I don’t practice this area of law because I want to get rich. I practice in this area of the law because over the course of my 20 year career in local government I saw too many good people get denied, run over, ignored, or had their right to a fair process mangled because they didn’t know the law, or how to effectively stick up for themselves. I know the law, the process, the people, and how to be a cost-effective advocate for your rights.